Characteristics help to recognize what is not normal.
A Normal Face is one that:
- Has good proportions
- Is symmetrical to the midline
- Neither the upper or the lower jaw protrudes
- The mandible does not deviate sideways
- The lips are a bit behind an imaginary line joining the tip of the nose to the chin
- The smile reveals as many as possible of the back teeth while the upper front teeth do not protrude from the lips
- There are no intense muscle contractions
A Normal mouth is one where:
- Upper and lower jaws show proper development and are in good relations amongst one another on all three dimensions.
- The teeth are in good positions and form two beautiful arches, the upper one being slightly wider than the lower one.
- The midline of the upper teeth coincides with the midline of the lower ones